The Asset Protection Academy
The Asset Protection Academy is a partnership between CFB Risk Management and Hartlepool College of Further Education (HCFE). Its aim is to train a group of young people each year from across the Tees Valley area in industrial Asset Protection through an apprenticeship programme.
By engaging with local young people and affording them learning opportunities in a work-based environment, CFB Risk Management will be in the privileged position of helping to unlock their talent and help them to achieve their full potential.
This training programme would have the following benefits:
Benefits for your company:
- Provides an excellent way of creating a highly skilled workforce while providing real opportunities for young people in our local communities
- Creates an opportunity for your company to help develop young people to achieve their full potential
- Opportunity to engage with local young people who can support the company in making a positive contribution to the safety of the company
- Provide a pool of locally trained young people with the specialist skills
- Demonstrates your company’s commitment to supporting local young people and provides a real answer to potential skill shortages within the industry
Benefits to students:
- Opportunity to develop skills in a challenging and rewarding environment
- Unlock talent and achieve full potential
- Gain practical and transferable skills
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Increased opportunities to complete Asset Protection training and receive a full apprenticeship framework certificate
- Improve personal skills such as confidence, communication and problem solving
- Provides a valuable route into a variety of careers
- Provides an opportunity to enter the Asset Protection industry in a full-time, part-time or volunteer capacity
- Opportunity to “earn while you learn”
- To develop the skills needed to be active and responsible citizens, mix with people from different backgrounds and to get an appreciation of employment within the high hazard industrial sector
Benefits to the local community:
- Improved opportunities for school leavers in areas of high unemployment
- Improve young peoples’ understanding of local industry and its importance to the local economy
- Opportunity for local young people to take an active role in protecting the vital local industry which is at the heart of the local economy
- Greater awareness of the company and the services it provides
- Engagement of local young people to help reduce anti-social behaviour related incidents which a¬ffect communities
Initially the students will complete a 12 week course studying for the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Industrial Emergency Fire and Rescue Services Operations. During this period the candidates will also complete Functional Skills at level 2 in English, Mathematics and ICT. In addition they will complete the workbook for Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR). This will take place at HCFE and through site visits to various CFB Risk Management Asset Protection operations.
On successful completion of the above programme and subject to probationary review the apprentices will progress onto a placement within one of CFB Risk Managements Asset Protection Teams. This will be for a 12 month period in order to gain work experience and competence to complete the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Industrial Emergency Fire services Operations. During this period candidates will also complete the workbook for Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Access to the Academy
Students will be able to access this programme after completing a pre-apprenticeship programme at the College. This will include an appropriate Level 2 qualification and other relevant short courses that will enhance the learning for the student and fully prepare them for the opportunity to apply to The Asset Protection Academy.
The selection process will be based on the usual CFB Risk Management procedures and will include fitness testing, a medical and an interview.
CFB Risk Management HQ
Endeavour House, Stockton Road, Hartlepool, TS25 5TB
+44 (0) 1429 874088